- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (7 ounces)
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 pints raspberries
How to make this recipe
- In a standing mixer or working in batches in a food processor, blend the softened ice cream with the graham cracker crumbs. Transfer to a plastic container, press plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the ice cream, cover and freeze until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, cook the butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Transfer the browned butter to a heatproof bowl and stir in the vinegar.
- Spoon the berries into bowls and drizzle with the warm brown-butter balsamic sauce. Scoop the ice cream over the berries and serve right away.
The grahamcracker ice cream can be prepared up to 2 days ahead and kept in the freezer.
A lightly sweet, fruity Lindemans Framboise raspberry lambic ale from Belgium will echo the ripe berries Tara Lane serves with the ice cream.