- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Oil, for frying
- 2 cups tomato sauce, heated
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
How to make this recipe
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Cut or pound the chicken breasts into 1/2-inch-thick pieces. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In large bowl, beat eggs and set aside. In another large bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Coat the chicken in egg and then dredge it in the graham cracker-cheese mixture. Shake off any excess and set the coated pieces aside. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. After the oil is hot, add the chicken. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
To serve, top the cooked chicken with hot tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and garnish with parsley.