- 1/4 pound Italian Gorgonzola cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound mâche (lamb's lettuce), roots trimmed, leaves washed and dried
- 8 slices firm-textured white bread, crusts trimmed
How to make this recipe
- Put the Gorgonzola in a small bowl and break it into small pieces with a fork. Add the olive oil and mash until creamy.
- Put the mâche in a bowl. Add the creamed Gorgonzola, a little at a time, turning the leaves gently with a fork until evenly coated.
- Mound one-fourth of the mâche and Gorgonzola filling in the center of each of 4 slices of bread; top with the other slices. Position a sharp knife diagonally across the slice of bread; hold the bread down with your other hand so as not to flatten the filling and quickly slice the sandwich to produce two tramezzini.