- 6 1/2 pounds large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 4-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups warm whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons truffle butter, at room temperature (see Note)
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with cold water and bring to a boil. Salt the water generously and boil the potatoes over moderately high heat until very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander. Return them to the pot and shake the pot over moderately high heat until the potatoes are completely dry, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Using a potato masher, crush the potatoes in the pot. Add 3/4 cup of the milk and the unsalted butter and season with salt and pepper. Continue mashing until the potatoes are smooth. Add the remaining 3/4 cup of milk and the truffle butter to the potatoes and mash until thoroughly blended. Season again with salt and pepper and serve piping hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.