- 1/2 cup salted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup drained small capers
- 6 tablespoons almond oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound small cremini mushrooms
- 6 scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 8-ounce flounder fillets
- In a bowl, mix the almonds with the raisins, capers, almond oil and lemon juice.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and cook over moderately high heat, until browned and tender, about 8 minutes. Add the scallions, season with salt and pepper and cook until tender and lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Keep warm.
- Sprinkle the fish lightly with salt and let stand for 5 minutes. Rinse off the salt and pat the fillets completely dry.
- In each of 2 large nonstick skillets, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the fish and cook over high heat until browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Carefully flip the fillets and cook for 2 minutes longer, until white throughout. Transfer the fish to plates and top with the caper-almond dressing. Spoon the mushrooms and scallions alongside and serve.
Rich Italian white.