- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 4 ears)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, combine 1 cup of the corn with the milk and puree until smooth. Add the heavy cream, eggs and egg yolks and blend. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and whisk in the flour, baking powder, salt and the remaining 1/2 cup of corn kernels.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Spoon rounded 2 tablespoon-size dollops of batter into the hot skillet and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer the corn cakes to a rack and keep warm. Repeat to make the remaining corn cakes, using the remaining 1 tablespoon each of butter and olive oil; adjust the heat if necessary. Serve hot.