- 1/2 pound haricots verts
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads of Bibb or butter lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 large hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the haricots verts until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and cool under running water; pat dry.
- In a mini processor, combine the shallot, garlic, mustard, cider vinegar and lemon juice and process until smooth. With the machine on, add the canola oil in a thin stream. Add the thyme and pulse until minced. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the torn lettuce, crumbled feta, sliced cucumber, quartered eggs and haricots verts. Add three-fourths of the dressing and toss to coat. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
The dressing and haricots verts can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Minerally, medium-bodied Spanish white.