Goddess Salad with Haricots Verts and Feta
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
This bright-flavored salad, from chef-owner Robert Moore, combines Bibb lettuce, haricots verts, feta cheese and hard-boiled eggs in a fresh thyme dressing. "It's the perfect salad for lunch or dinner," says Moore. It's also one of the few salads that's great almost any time of year.
- 1/2 pound haricots verts
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 heads of Bibb or butter lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 large hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- In a medium saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the haricots verts until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain and cool under running water; pat dry.
- In a mini processor, combine the shallot, garlic, mustard, cider vinegar and lemon juice and process until smooth. With the machine on, add the canola oil in a thin stream. Add the thyme and pulse until minced. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the torn lettuce, crumbled feta, sliced cucumber, quartered eggs and haricots verts. Add three-fourths of the dressing and toss to coat. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
Minerally, medium-bodied Spanish white.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.