Goat Cheese with Piquillo Pepper Puree
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 CUP
Jarred piquillo peppers, from the Navarre region of Spain, are now available at specialty food stores in the United States. Piquillos are richer in flavor than roasted red bell peppers and have a bit of heat. The best substitute is jarred roasted red peppers plus 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika.
- 1/3 cup drained piquillo peppers
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago or good-quality provolone cheese (about 1ounce)
- 5 1/2 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened
- In a food processor, pulse the piquillo peppers and Asiago cheese until finely chopped. Add the goat cheese and process until smooth.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.