- 16 baguette slices, cut 1/2 inch thick on the diagonal
- 7 ounces soft goat cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, minced
How to make this recipe
- Toast the bread slices to warm them. Spread each slice with 1 tablespoon of goat cheese and top with 1 tablespoon of tomato and 1 teaspoon of onion. Serve immediately.
The tanginess of goat cheese makes it a classic pairing with the tart herbaceousness of Sauvignon Blanc; the sharpness added by the tomatoes and onions clinches the choice. Look one from Buena Vista or Quivira, both from California.