- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Calamata olives (2 ounces), pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Eight 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 4 small scallions, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- In a strainer set in the sink, toss the tomatoes with the salt and let drain for 10 minutes. Transfer the tomatoes to a bowl and add the olives, parsley, onion, vinegar, lime juice, hot sauce, garlic and oregano. Mix well.
- Cut the tortillas into 4-inch rounds, using a small saucer as a template. Spread the tortillas with the goat cheese and sprinkle with the scallions and pepper; sandwich to make 4 quesadillas.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the quesadillas and cook over moderately high heat until golden and crisp, about 1 minute per side. Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and cut each one into 6 wedges. Sprinkle with salt and top each wedge with 1 teaspoon of the salsa. Serve immediately, passing the remaining salsa separately.
The quesadillas can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated for up to 1 day.