- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 1/4 cup honey, plus more for drizzling
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- One 10 1/2 ounce log fresh goat cheese, softened (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh raspberries, for serving
In a medium saucepan, combine the milk with the cream, vanilla bean and seeds, the 1/4 cup of honey and the lemon zest. Bring to a simmer. Remove the saucepan from the heat, cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Strain the milk, discarding the vanilla bean.
In a medium bowl, whisk the whole eggs with the yolks, sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Gradually whisk in the warm milk mixture. Pour the contents of the bowl into the saucepan. Bring to a boil over moderately high heat, whisking constantly until thickened, 1 minute.
Transfer the custard to a blender. Add the goat cheese, butter, lemon juice and salt and blend until smooth. Pour the custard into eight 3/4-cup ramekins and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Top with raspberries and a light drizzle of honey and serve.