Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- Kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Softened goat cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with cool water, season generously with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to moderately high and boil the potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well, then return the potatoes to the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a small, sturdy glass bowl, melt the butter in the milk in a microwave oven, about 1 minute.
- Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes and add the goat cheese. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and serve.