Goat Cheese, Green Apple and Horseradish Panini
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 4 sandwiches
- 8 slices of pecan-cranberry or walnut-raisin bread
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated or drained bottled horseradish
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat a panini press or a grill pan. Spread the bread slices with the goat cheese. Top half of the bread with the apple slices and horseradish. Close the sandwiches and butter the outsides.
- Press the sandwiches until the bread is toasted and the cheese is warm, about 5 minutes. Alternatively, set the sandwiches on the grill pan, cover and grill over moderate heat, turning once, about 5 minutes. Cut the sandwiches in half, transfer to plates and serve right away.