- Twenty 1/3-inch-thick slices of baguette
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- 7 ounces fresh goat cheese, at room temperature (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped pickled sweet or hot peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 400°. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for about 8 minutes, until toasted.
Spread each toast with goat cheese and top with the peppers. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with the chives and salt and serve.
Goat cheese has a natural affinity for Sauvignon Blanc; they share a kind of herbal freshness that's lively and delicious. Walla Walla, though primarily known for red wines, is also a source for terrific whites. Try a crisp Walla Walla Sauvignon Blanc or a lemon-inflected blend of Sémillon, Sauvignon and Muscadelle.