- 8 ounces gingersnaps, crushed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- One 11-ounce log of fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- Lavender honey, for serving
How to make this recipe
- make the crust Preheat the oven to 350° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray eight 4-inch ring molds or 4-inch shallow ramekins with vegetable spray; line the bottoms of the ramekins with parchment disks. Set on the baking sheet.
- make the crust In a food processor, pulse the gingersnaps with the sugar to fine crumbs. Add the butter and process until the crumbs are evenly moistened. Press the crumbs into the rings or ramekins in an even layer. Bake in the center of the oven for 12 minutes, until fragrant. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°.
- meanwhile, make the filling In a bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and goat cheese until smooth. Beat in the sugar at medium speed until creamy, 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs and yolks, one at a time, until smooth, then beat in the cornstarch and rosemary.
- meanwhile, make the filling Pour the filling into the molds or ramekins and bake for 25 minutes, until just set. Let cool, then refrigerate until chilled, 1 hour.
- meanwhile, make the filling To serve, unmold the cheese cakes onto dessert plates and drizzle with honey.
Honeyed, orange marmalade-scented Sauternes.
Photo © John Kernick Published September 2013