Gluten-Free Powdered Cake Doughnuts
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
These gluten-free cake doughnuts are fluffy and light.
- 1 1/2 cups Silvana’s Kitchen Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Confectioners’ sugar, sifted, for coating
- Preheat the oven to 350º and spray two nonstick 6-cavity doughnut pans with cooking oil. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with the oil and milk until smooth; add to the flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Spoon the batter into 10 cavities of the prepared doughnut pans until about three-quarters full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a doughnut comes out clean. Let the doughnuts cool slightly, then fill a pie plate with confectioners’ sugar and dredge the doughnuts in the sugar to coat completely.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.