- 4 cups gluten-free corn flakes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken drumsticks or thighs, with skin
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, for frying
How to make this recipe
Put the corn flakes in a food processor or blender and pulse into coarse crumbs. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
Coat the chicken in egg and dredge in crumb coating, shaking off any excess. Set coated pieces aside and repeat with the remaining chicken.
Heat 1 inch of oil to 350° in a large frying pan or Dutch oven.
Working in small batches, gently place the chicken in the hot oil and fry on both sides until crispy and cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes on each side.