© Sarah Bolla
Gluten-Free Cocoa and Banana-Hazelnut Muffins
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
These gluten-free muffins have an irresistibly light and crunchy top with a wonderfully dense and decadent crumb from the ripe bananas, cocoa powder and ground hazelnuts.
Slideshow: Amazing Gluten-Free Recipes
- 2 cups ripe mashed banana
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated cane sugar
- 2/3 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flour, packed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the banana, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat until the mixture is one even consistency. Consistency should be entirely smooth and creamy.
- Whisk the flour, hazelnut meal, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and add to the wet ingredients. Gently mix until dry ingredients are fully incorporated into the banana mixture.
- Pour batter into the prepared paper liners and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack. Once cool, using a fine mesh sieve, dust with 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.