- 2 cups ripe mashed banana
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated cane sugar
- 2/3 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flour, packed
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350° and line a 12-cup muffin pan.
In a mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the banana, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat until the mixture is one even consistency. Consistency should be entirely smooth and creamy.
Whisk the flour, hazelnut meal, 1/4 cup cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and add to the wet ingredients. Gently mix until dry ingredients are fully incorporated into the banana mixture.
Pour batter into the prepared paper liners and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack. Once cool, using a fine mesh sieve, dust with 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.