- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325º. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and maple syrup. Stir in the carrots and 1/2 cup of the pecans and add into the dry ingredients. Stir to thoroughly combine. Pour the batter equally into a paper-lined cupcake tin. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, then set aside and cool in the tin for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl or stand mixer, whip together the butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, spread with frosting and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of chopped pecans and serve.
Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.