Gluten-Free Apple-Spice Muffins
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 12
Applesauce is a wonderful "secret ingredient" for gluten-free baked goods. You can use store-bought sauce or make your own by pureeing chopped apples with a little bit of water and a squeeze of lime or lemon juice.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all of the ingredients. Pour the batter equally into a paper-lined muffin tin. They should be approximately three-fourths full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Remove from the oven and let cool for five minutes, before removing the muffins from the pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.