- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons green cardamom pods
- One 2-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, chopped
- 4 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 cup vodka
- Two 750-ml bottles dry white wine
- 2 cups dry rosé
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup blanched whole almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
How to make this recipe
In a mortar, crush the cinnamon and cardamom. Transfer to a 1-quart jar. Add the ginger, orange zest, cloves and vodka. Cover; let stand for 24 hours.
Strain the vodka into a large saucepan; discard the solids. Add the remaining ingredients and stir over moderate heat until bubbles form around the edges; do not boil. Serve hot.
The glögg can be refrigerated for 1 week and rewarmed before serving.