- 2 tablespoons unsated butter
- 8 ripe ladyfinger bananas
- 4 ripe red bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup diced (1/3 inch) ripe pineapple
- 1/2 cup sweetened passion fruit juice (see Note)
How to make this recipe
- Melt the butter in a nonreactive skillet. Add the bananas in an even layer, red ones cut side down. Tuck the vanilla bean between the bananas and cook over moderately high heat for 4 minutes: turn the lady finger bananas so they brown all over; brown the red bananas on the bottom. Turn the red bananas, add the pineapple and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Add the passion fruit juice and boil over high heat until reduced to a glaze, about 4 minutes. Serve warm.
Sweetened passion fruit juice is available at specialty food stores and Latin American markets.