- Four 1 3/4-ounce packages glass (cellophane) noodles
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas, cut into thin matchsticks (about 2 cups)
- 2 small carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 small zucchini, cut into thin matchsticks
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
How to make this recipe
In a large bowl of hot water, soak the glass noodles until pliable, about 15 minutes. Drain well, shaking off any excess water. Using kitchen scissors, cut the glass noodles into 4-inch lengths.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil with the sesame oil. Add the snap peas, carrots, red pepper, red onion, yellow squash, zucchini and scallions and season with salt and pepper. Stir-fry the vegetables over high heat until lightly browned in spots but still crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
Add the soaked glass noodles to the skillet and stir-fry over high heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the rice vinegar and orange juice and continue stir-frying until the glass noodles are translucent, about 2 minutes. Transfer the noodle stir-fry to plates and serve hot.