Gingery Sweet Potato Soup
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1
- 1 quart water
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 stalk of fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced crosswise
- One 1/2-pound sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek or other Asian hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Lime wedge, for serving
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil with the onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and sweet potato. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes until the potato is tender.
- Transfer the sweet potato to a blender. Strain the broth; add 1 cup to the blender and reserve the rest for another use. Puree the sweet potato soup.
- Return the soup to the saucepan. Stir in the sambal oelek, season with salt and simmer until heated through. Pour the soup into a bowl, top with the cilantro and serve with the lime wedge.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.