- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- One 2-inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
- One 14-ounce block firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Chile-garlic sauce, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Combine the chicken broth, ginger and garlic in a medium soup pot and bring to simmer over moderate heat. Reduce heat to moderately low and continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Discard the ginger and garlic.
- Meanwhile, cook the soba noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cooled. Shake out the excess water and set aside.
- Stir the soy sauce into the broth; taste and add a little more if needed. Add the tofu and cabbage and simmer until the cabbage is crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and soba noodles and simmer until heated through. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the sliced scallions.