- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 3 large mangoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar with the water and bring to simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Transfer the syrup to a blender and let cool. Add the mangoes, lemon juice and ginger and puree until smooth.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer the sorbet to a plastic container and press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface. Freeze for at least 1 hour, until firm. Scoop into bowls and serve.
The sorbet can be frozen for up to 3 days.