- 4 ounces thin dried Chinese noodles (chow mein)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fine fresh ginger matchsticks
- 8 cups chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1/8-by-1-inch matchsticks
- 12 ounces thin chicken cutlets, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup snow peas, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Soy sauce, hot sauce and sesame oil, for serving
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add the ginger and cook over high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and carrot and bring to a boil. Add the chicken, cabbage, snow peas and scallion and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the noodles and simmer until heated through. Serve in deep bowls, passing the soy sauce, hot sauce and sesame oil at the table.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.