- 2 pounds asparagus beans or Chinese long beans, cut into 3-inch lengths, or whole green beans
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
How to make this recipe
Fill a large bowl with ice water. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the beans until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain the beans and transfer them to the ice water to cool. Drain and pat dry.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderately high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the ground ginger and crushed red pepper, then add the beans. Season with salt and stir-fry until the garlic is lightly browned and the beans are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the beans to a platter and serve.