- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk or plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 ripe Bartlett pear—peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Spray a 9-by-2-inch baking pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. In a bowl, whisk the flour with the ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg and egg white with the brown sugar until creamy. Beat in the molasses, buttermilk and oil. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until blended. Fold in the pear.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the gingerbread comes out clean. Transfer to a rack to cool before serving.
One Serving Calories 261 kcal, Total Fat 5.4 gm, Saturated Fat 0.6 gm, Protein 4 gm, Carbohydrates 50 gm.