- 1 1/2 cups Silvana’s Kitchen Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for brushing
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large ripe pear, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger, plus more for sprinkling
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350° and butter a 9-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk the cup of sugar with the butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, then fold in the pears and ginger.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with sugar and crystallized ginger and bake in the center of the oven for about 1 hour until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean; loosely cover the top with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
Transfer the cake to a wire rack and let cool completely in the pan. Invert the cake onto a plate and invert again. Slice the cake and serve.
The cake can be wrapped in foil and refrigerated for up to 3 days.