Ginger Shrimp and Mango Lettuce Wraps
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
These pan-Asian lettuce wraps are sweet, spicy and refreshing. Poached shrimp and diced mango are tossed in a light ginger-lime vinaigrette, then served family-style as a colorful appetizer. You can turn these wraps into a meal by serving them with jasmine rice.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- One 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 cups finely diced mango
- Boston or butter lettuce leaves, lime wedges and thinly sliced jalapeño, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the shrimp, turn off the heat and gently poach until they just turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the shrimp in a colander and rinse with cold water; pat thoroughly dry. Cut shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a blender or mini food processor, pulse the ginger and garlic until finely chopped. Add the mustard, lime juice, Sriracha, salt, olive oil and half of the cilantro. Puree until smooth.
- In a serving bowl, toss the shrimp with the mango, ginger dressing and the remaining cilantro. Arrange lettuce leaves, lime wedges and jalapeño on a platter and serve with Sriracha.