- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
This fragrant, ginger-scented basmati rice is versatile enough to pair with many Asian- and Indian-inflected dishes.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add the ginger, rice, stock and salt and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 12 minutes or until the rice is tender and the water has fully evaporated. Fluff the rice and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.