- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger (2 ounces)
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
- Ginger Caramel Crunch
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Butter and flour six 1/2-cup ramekins. Tap out the excess flour and set the ramekins on a heavy rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the ground ginger, baking powder and salt. Stir in the crystallized ginger.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the whole eggs and egg yolks with the sugar, molasses and lemon zest. Add the butter and whisk until smooth. Gently fold in the dry ingredients. Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins and bake for about 20 minutes, until the puddings have risen and a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let the puddings cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a thin knife around the edge of each ramekin to loosen the pudding, then cover with a dessert plate and carefully turn over to unmold the pudding. Repeat with the remaining puddings. Drizzle the puddings with the Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce, garnish with the Ginger Caramel Crunch and serve.
The baked puddings can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before rewarming, loosely covered with foil, in a 300° oven for 10 minutes.