© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Ginger Pork Chow Mein
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 2 to 3
Delicious ginger pork takes these easy Chinese noodles to the next level.
Slideshow: Fast Chinese Recipes
- 8 ounces yellow Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (about 4 ounces)
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin, rice vinegar, brown sugar and water. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan or wok on medium-high heat. Add the oil and then stir in the garlic, onion, and ginger. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the garlic and onions are soft and fragrant.
- Stir in the ground pork and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the pork is almost fully cooked.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the noodles and sauce mixture. Toss everything together until combined and heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.