- 1/2 pound fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (2 cups), or frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon water
How to make this recipe
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the peaches with the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt and orange juice and bring to a simmer over moderate heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Cook for 5 minutes,stirring occasionally. Add the ginger and cinnamon and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Add the dissolved cornstarch and simmer until the liquid is slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Using an immersion blender, gently pulse until a chunky sauce forms. Serve chilled.
The conserve can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Photo © John Kernick Published March 2012