Ginger-Miso Sweet Pea Spread
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 1/2 cups
As a dairy-free alternative to creamy dips, the recipe here calls for pureeing sweet peas with scallions, ginger and jalapeño, then seasoning the mix with yellow miso. Serve the spread with different kinds of crackers and breads or sugar snap peas and celery for dipping.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 pound frozen baby peas (3 cups), thawed
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the scallions, ginger and jalapeño and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pea mixture to a food processor and let cool slightly. Add the miso and 1/4 cup of water and puree until smooth. Spoon the spread into a bowl.
Bright cava: NV Cristalino Brut.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.