- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 pound frozen baby peas (3 cups), thawed
- 3 tablespoons yellow miso
How to make this recipe
In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the scallions, ginger and jalapeño and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes.
Transfer the pea mixture to a food processor and let cool slightly. Add the miso and 1/4 cup of water and puree until smooth. Spoon the spread into a bowl.
The spread can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
One serving 188 cal, 15 gm carb, 12 gm fat, .9 gm sat fat, 6 gm protein, 5 gm fiber.
Rice crackers or flatbreads.
Bright cava: NV Cristalino Brut.