Ginger-Miso Spice Paste
- TOTAL TIME: 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 1/4 cup
Grace Parisi adores miso, the Japanese soybean paste. She particularly likes white miso because the flavor is mild, but any type will be fantastic in this spice paste.
More Recipes With Ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chile-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mash to a paste.
Best Uses Rub the paste on skirt steak, shrimp, spareribs, chicken and pork before grilling, or stir into broth or noodle soup.