Ginger-Miso Spice Paste
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: makes 1/4 cup
Grace Parisi adores miso, the Japanese soybean paste. She particularly likes white miso because the flavor is mild, but any type will be fantastic in this spice paste.
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chile-garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mash to a paste.
Best Uses Rub the paste on skirt steak, shrimp, spareribs, chicken and pork before grilling, or stir into broth or noodle soup.