- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 1/2 cups
This spicy simple syrup is perfect in Bobby Flay's twist on the classic mint julep.
Slideshow: Southern Cocktail Recipes
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 pound fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- One 3-inch piece of orange peel
- 1/4 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil; simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the ginger, orange peel and mint. Let the syrup cool completely, 1 hour; strain through a fine sieve before using.
Make AheadThe Ginger-Mint Syrup can be refrigerated for up to 1 month.