- 3/4 pound fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 2 cups turbinado sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 16 ounces water
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- Place the ginger, cucumber and mint in a food processor and finely chop. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan. Add the turbinado sugar, honey, water, lime juice and black peppercorns; simmer over moderate heat for 10 minutes. Strain into a bowl, pressing on the solids.
- Wipe out the pan. Pour in the mixture and simmer over low heat until thick enough to coat a spoon, 10 minutes. Let cool; refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.