Ginger-Marinated Chicken with Onions and Peppers
- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the ginger, cayenne, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 4 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chicken breasts and cook over moderately high heat until golden and nearly white throughout, about 7 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the onions and bell peppers to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, stirring and scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to moderate, cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return the chicken to the skillet, nestling it into the onions and peppers. Cover and cook for 5 minutes longer. Uncover and add the honey. Cook over high heat, stirring and turning the chicken breasts, until the honey caramelizes, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.