Ginger-Marinated Bulgogi-Style Chicken
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN Plus 2 hr marinating
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News Bulgogi, the chicken breast, which has barely any fat at all. The chicken is best served with rice and lettuce leaves for wrapping. Kimchi, a spicy, garlicky Korean pickle often made with cabbage, is especially delicious on the side and is loaded with beneficial bacteria known as probiotics.
More Healthy Poultry Recipes
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted-sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets, pounded 1/3 inch thick
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, vinegar, pepper, scallions, garlic, ginger and 1 tablespoon of the sesame seeds. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 4 hours.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Oil the grates. Remove the chicken from the marinade and brush lightly with oil. Grill over moderate heat, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, thinly slice and serve.