- ACTIVE: 05 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1
This cocktail is a standout at Jean-Georges Vongerichten's Spice Market restaurant in NYC, where bartenders mix tequila and other classic margarita ingredients with potent ginger-lime syrup. Vongerichten also rims the glass with ground ginger and salt instead of the usual plain salt.
More Recipes from Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons añejo tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ginger-Lime Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 lime wedge, for garnish
- On a plate, mix the ground ginger and salt. Moisten the rim of a margarita glass with water and dip the rim in the ginger salt to coat.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, Ginger-Lime Syrup, Cointreau and lime juice and shake well. Strain the drink into the margarita glass, garnish with the lime wedge and serve.