- 24 baby carrots, tops trimmed to 2 inches
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon furikake (see Note)
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the carrots until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain the carrots.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the carrots, ginger and cinnamon and cook over moderate heat, tossing occasionally, until the ginger is fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock and boil over moderately high heat until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat and let cool for 30 seconds. Swirl in the butter, lime juice and Sriracha and season with salt. Arrange the carrots on a platter and spoon the ginger-lime sauce on top. Sprinkle with the furikake and serve.
Furikake is available at Asian markets and many specialty food stores.