- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Sichuan peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes (see Note)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red hot sauce, preferably Frank's Red Hot
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with vegetable oil. In a bowl, mix the flour with the salt, Sichuan peppercorns and five-spice powder. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Spread the chicken on the baking sheet in a single layer and spray with vegetable oil. Roast the chicken for 45 minutes, turning once or twice, until browned and crispy.
- In a bowl, whisk the hot sauce with the butter, soy sauce, honey and ginger until combined. Add the chicken wings to the sauce and toss. Sprinkle with the scallions and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.