Ginger, Green Apple, Sweet Onion and Coconut Salad
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 Granny Smith apples (about 1 pound)—quartered lengthwise, cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small sweet onion, such as Vidalia, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- One 3-inch piece of ginger, peeled and cut into 1/8-by-2-inch matchsticks
- 1/2 cup finely grated peeled fresh coconut
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lemon Verbena Oil
- Toss the apples with the onion, ginger, coconut, lemon juice and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Add 3 tablespoons of Lemon Verbena Oil and toss; serve.
The tart and sweet flavors of this salad find a good match in a bright German Riesling that echoes the apple and lemon.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.