- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
How to make this recipe
- In a small saucepan, simmer 1/2 cup of the heavy cream with the ginger for about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In another small heavy saucepan, cook the sugar with the lemon juice over low heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar caramelizes to a light brown color, 10 to 15 minutes. Being careful to avoid splatters, stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons heavy cream. Remove from the heat.
- Strain the cream into a bowl and whisk in the caramel until smooth. Serve warm.
The sauce will keep refrigerated for up to 1 month. Rewarm over low heat before serving.