- SERVINGS: Makes about 32 ounces
This uncarbonated staple was adapted from Dale DeGroff's Craft of the Cocktail. Although it's a syrup, pros refer to it as "ginger beer." To make your own fizzy version, stir together equal parts of the syrup and ginger ale.
Plus: The Dark 'n Stormy Cocktail
- 4 cups water
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the ginger, lime juice and brown sugar. Let steep for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Pour the syrup through a fine strainer, pressing on the solids. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.