Gin & “Tonic”
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 Drink
It took about nine months for Todd Thrasher to perfect his recipe for homemade tonic syrup. “I have it down now and it’s my absolute favorite,” he says. Cinchona bark powder (which contains tonic water’s signature quinine) can be purchased from the Dandelion Botanical Company (dandelionbotanical.com).
- 2 ounces gin, preferably Citadelle Réserve
- 1 1/2 ounces Tonic Syrup (see Note)
- 2 dashes of lemon bitters
- 4 ounces chilled club soda
- 1 lemon twist, for garnish
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Add the gin, Tonic Syrup and bitters; stir well. Stir in the soda. Garnish with the twist.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.