- 6 medium peaches (about 2 pounds), pitted and chopped, plus peach slices for garnish
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling water
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold-brew coffee
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Jack Rudy Small Batch Tonic Syrup (see Note)
- A few dashes of Angostura bitters
How to make this recipe
In a medium saucepan, bring the chopped peaches, pomegranate juice, lemon juice and 4 cups of water to a boil. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened and reduced to 2 cups, 45 to 50 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve set over a medium bowl, pressing on the solids; discard the solids. Let the peach syrup cool completely, then refrigerate.
In a pitcher, mix the peach syrup with the sparkling water, coffee, tonic syrup and bitters. Pour the coffee soda into ice-filled glasses and garnish with peach slices.
The strained peach syrup can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
The tonic syrup is available from jackrudycocktailco.com. Alternatively, use 3 cups of tonic water and omit the sparkling water. Related recipe (pictured): Biscuit Breakfast Sandwiches with Peach-Ginger Jam.